To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Maryland Heights, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HVAC Service Technician
Malace | HR • Maryland Heights, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under indirect supervision, provide assistance and have the ability to perform assignments independently related to the installation, trouble shooting, repair, alteration and maintenance of facility systems. Systems include but are not limited to HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist team members and will occasionally work independently and must be proficient at installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment at various locations as assigned and as dispatched.
2. May assist and/or perform inspections and conduct periodic general preventive maintenance on the building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, water treatment, and periodic testing of all building systems and equipment including but not limited to; chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handling units, boilers, VAV boxes, variable frequency drives, water heaters and air compressors, etc.
3. May be required to fill in as a temporary Building Engineer as needed for vacation coverage, etc.
4. Fill out daily equipment logs and perform visual inspections of all building mechanical and life safety equipment to ensure normal operation.
5. Identify and makes recommendations for building improvements to increase energy efficiency, dependability, and performance.
6. Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner.
7. Maintain, operate, and secure a company issued vehicle in accordance with Company rules.
8. Report daily activities via web based CMMS work order tracking system.
9. Identify and procure materials required for projects and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
10. Respond immediately to emergency situations including fire, evacuations and equipment failure.
11. Coordinate and follow up with customer regarding any maintenance issues, work orders, or scheduled shut down of equipment for repairs or replacement.
12. Establish & maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, and suppliers.
13. Available for after hours scheduled and for emergency maintenance and repair functions.
14. Ensure installations & repairs are in compliance with all applicable local, state & federal codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations.
Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have minimum of 5 years experience in the service and repair of commercial HVAC equipment including but not limited to packaged rooftop equipment, split systems, air handlers, condensers, pumps, boilers, fans, cooling towers, lighting systems, VFD's etc.
2. This position requires proven prior experience as a Service or Maintenance Technician and the ability respond to service requests and solve technical problems, including but not limited to; HVAC equipment (chilled water, DX, hot water, steam), complex building systems, automated controls, energy efficient operations, mission critical systems, etc.
3. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software.
4. Possess competent knowledge on the methods, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical equipment.
5. Able to read blueprints and schematics to aid in troubleshooting analysis.
6. EPA 608 Universal Certification required. Candidate will obtain the R-410A certification within 90 days.
7. Experience with pneumatic & DDC controls, and computerized building automation system controls.
8. Must be a professional with strong organizational, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
9. 10 hour OSHA Certification desired , other documented proof of safety training is acceptable
10. A local and/or state boiler and refrigeration license is desired.
11. Must possess a valid driver's license.
12. Physical requirements include climbing, stooping, and frequently lifting 50 pounds or more. Ability to safely install and operate rigging and lifting devices.