To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlottesville, VA
- Laura Wilson
- Phone: 843-815-9111 ext 222
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Health and Safety Leader
The River Group Inc. • Charlottesville, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: EH&S Leader
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia area
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: OUTSTANDING benefits package! Rich 401k, full re-lo (if needed) and more!
About our Client:
Our client, a leading manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products - also providing products which include engineered materials, nonwoven specialty materials and consumer packaging. With manufacturing facilities worldwide, they continue to globally expand its footprint with net sales of $6.5 billion.
We are seeking a proven EH&S Leader to join their team, who will be responsible for environmental health and safety programs - ensure the safety and security of all people who enter the site, leads all safety improvement process activities for the facility in support of the company’s safety mission, policy, and values.
This is an exciting opportunity for an EH&S Leader to establish themselves with a worldwide leader with absolute opportunities for advancement!
- Provides professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental, health, safety and sustainability programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies.
- Lead the development, review, approval, interpretation and implementation of safety rules, programs, orders, policies, standards, guides and documents.
- Lead sustainability efforts for the site.
- Identify and communicate EH &S issues to management, contractor management and other stakeholders. Assist in the resolution of issues.
- Champion employee empowerment to identify and address safety concerns, and generate new ideas related to safety and health.
- Develop, implement and sustain companys’ employee involvement programs such as project teams, committees, and internal training.
- Create and maintain reporting mechanisms for site level sustainability efforts and results.
- Coordinate with the HR Dept. to improve and sustain employee morale and safety ownership.
- Provide immediate first aid and coordinate with health care providers for injuries
- Lead plant and/or department level EHS audits, self-assessments and inspections
- Lead plant incident and plant non-conformance investigations, and ensure closure of corrective actions.
- Ensure relevant safety and environmental compliance records are maintained for completeness and verify accuracy of records.
- Obtain data and analyze injury/illness and safety non-conformance trends. Use data to establish action plans and goals for improvement.
- Lead and ensure required documentation for emergency preparedness planning and response activities.
- Participate in defining safety training requirements for employees.
- Conduct safety training or verify training delivery by qualified individuals.
- Conduct and/or coordinate internal and external inspections of the facility to assess and ensure compliance with federal, state, local, insurance and internal safety requirements. Ensure closure of identified non-conformances.
- Effectively interact with all internal functional job levels and with external agencies and resources in order to maximize the effectiveness of the safety improvement process.
- Coordinate with and assists management regarding ergonomics, job safety analyses, incident investigations, and employee suggestions.
- Maintain OSHA log and other required records. Ensure compliance with all posting requirements.
- Maintain, post and distribute safety and environmental performance charts.
- Analyze incident statistics to identify trends and establish necessary precautions and changes needed.
- Assist in the management of worker’s compensation cases.
- Maintain and increase professional knowledge and expertise related to the fields of environmental protection, occupational health, and industrial safety through annual professional development.
- May recruit, develop and manage Safety Coordinator role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a related field or an equivalent combination of related training, education and experience
- Current or able to qualify for CPR/First Aid/BBP certifications. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or other safety certification preferred. Six Sigma certification preferred (green or black belt). Environmental certification (REM) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in EH&S role, preferably in a management position
- Safety management experience in the textile or other roll goods industry
- Proven track record in improved safety practices and occupational injury / illness reduction