Software Engineer (Industrial Integration Engineer)
About the Job
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional ready to move ahead in a great career. Founded
in 1983, Control Micro Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of high-tech laser-based material processing
systems. CMS tools are installed in manufacturing facilities around the globe. We have an immediate
need of a Software Engineer for industrial machine development. The ideal candidate will have 2-8
years' experience and a degree in computer science or computer engineering.
CMS is searching for computer science and/or computer engineering university graduates with a desire
to program driver level hardware controls for Industrial CNC LASER systems. Code is programmed on a
variety of OS's. Current machines require programming in C# Windows 10 Visual Studio 2019.
Understanding of MS SQl Server is required, but not primary for this position. A strong
understanding of hardware and logic circuits is required. TCP/IP transport packet structures, Modbus
TCP, Ethernet IP and their differences is required. The ideal candidate will have an immediate
expert understanding of dot.Net Framework version 4, Microsoft Visual Studio 2019, tools, plugins,
x86 vs x64 executables, compiler options, etc. The position requires communication with 3rd party
vendors to select and integrate hardware at the driver level with the CMS codebase to provide highly
professional 24/7 and fully automatic operations. CNC machines require a strong level of 2 (or 3)
dimensional geometry mathematics, including vision and motion system calibrations, vector motion
processing functions. A strong understanding of (x, y, (z)) coordinate pair datatypes processing in
C# is required. The ability to display this data graphically in Windows 10 GUI is required. PLC
controls automation is not required for this position, however if you have created your own PLC
hardware from scratch and successfully automated a machine with it, we would love you to work here.
CMS is an engineering company making Bespoke Industrial LASER tools for manufacturing. We are
seeking Engineers to create new and original industrial tool systems.
* Windows and Linux operating systems.
* VB6, C#, Basic, C, C++, SQL, MSVS 2019
* Strong Geometric Math skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
* Computer skills using Microsoft Office network applications are required.
* Experience using any and all Microsoft Programing technologies and frameworks.
* UEFI programming.
* MS Visual Studio 6, MSVS 2010, MSVS 2019
* C and C++ programming
* Experience controlling electronic devices from software
* USB, Comport, Ethernet TCP/IP, MODBUS, etc. communications.
* Ability to read and comprehend source code in any language.
* Four Year degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and experience.
We offer competitive pay, commensurate with your experience.
Excellent benefit package which includes:
2 weeks paid personal time for first 3 years. 3 weeks paid personal time starting 4th year.
12 paid holidays per year.
Medical leave 40 hours per year with doctor's excuse.
Medical and dental insurance are available with partial payment by company.
Vision and Life insurance are available at the employee's expense.
Short term and Long-term Disability Insurance paid by company.
For immediate consideration, please submit salary requirements with your resume.
* Implement, modify, and maintain source code for Robotic Laser Manufacturing Systems.
* Incorporate new features and technologies into existing products.
* Consult and assist other engineering departments on projects as required.
* Interface with customers to determine technical requirements.
* The ability to communicate clearly with end-users, peers and management will be critical to
the success of this role.
* Support and respond to Quality Assurance during product lifecycle.
* Analyze and effect changes in software to satisfy functional/performance specifications.
C++ (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)