The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development of manufacturing processes and procedures. The role will be responsible for producing the documentation required to manufacture and maintain the various products. The job involves analyzing problems and developing solutions to various complex engineering related problems. Specific areas of focus include working with manufacturing, quality, and product engineering to achieve continuous product and process improvements.
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
• Develop the appropriate fixtures and work holdings for efficient and cost-effective manufacturing.
• Develop and maintain manufacturing routings.
• Develops and maintains standardized work instructions.
• Coordinate continuous improvement efforts in support of current projects.
• Conduct Root Cause Analysis and develop solutions for issues on the production processes
• Coordinate with production personnel to ensure manufacturability, ease of assembly, and cost avoidance on new design and current products.
• Coordinate and Implement Engineering Change Notifications on the shop floor.
• Assist in layout deign, ergonomic analysis, and time studies to implement process improvements.
• Drive continuous improvements throughout the organization.
• Perform Cycle time / takt time analysis and line balancing exercises.
• Remove waste utilizing Lean principles.
• Previous Manufacturing Engineering Experience
• Experience working in either a Foundry or a Machining plant
• Strong Commitment to Lean Manufacturing and Design for Lean Principals Preferred
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Engineer