The Point Operator/ Packer performs duties to inspect and pack Cardboard products from the production lines. Standing at the end of a machine inspecting product, stacking on to a skid and packing for shipment. Not fast-paced but you will stay busy. The Point Operator is responsible for maintaining housekeeping for the area and following all safety rules. This position reports to the Production Supervisor but can also take direction from the QC Operator assigned to the area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Packing product that meets specific dimensional criteria from the production lines onto pallets.
2. Periodically will inspect the product using a tape measure and dial caliper.
3. Fill out the appropriate paperwork for production and quality purposes.
4. Communicate with other production operators regarding order status and quality.
5. Assists other Point Operators in the area by strapping skids and moving empty & completed skids from work area using pallet jacks.
6. Follows all safety rules and wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
7. Maintains housekeeping in the area by moving scrap material to the baler and sweeping and removing other debris.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read and write
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
Attention To Detail