To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dahlgren, VA 22485
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
JSToogood, LLC • Dahlgren, VA
Posted 1 month ago
About the Position: We are seeking experienced Contract Specialists /Acquisition Specialist to support our client in Dahlgren, VA.
Acquisition/Contract Specialist Specialists will assist Government Program Managers (PMs) and Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) assigned to the Air Force (AF) with developing pre-solicitation requirement packages and serve as the liaison between the PMs/CORs and Contracting Officers (COs) of procuring agencies. The Acquisition/Contract Specialist will provide professional support services to our clients (Federal Agency) in conducting federal acquisition management support services activities. The ideal candidate shall support the entire pre-award of acquisition and sustainment efforts necessary to support our client on site using a wide range of contracting methods and types. Experience working with the FAR, AFFARS, Department of Defense, and Air Force desired.
Primary Function: The Acquisition/Contract Specialist shall support the JST customer's mission by providing non-personal, professional, and advisory and assistance for Acquisition/Contract Specialist services in support of the acquisition lifecycle. The Acquisition/Contract Specialist shall provide guidance and assistance to PMs and CORs in the course of developing, preparing, writing, reviewing and editing pre-solicitation documentation and any other documents appropriate for each particular requirement. The Acquisition/Contract Specialist shall assist in the preparation of briefings on acquisition/contract status for monthly Program Management Review (PMR), and Annual Execution Review (AER).
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Conducts basic procurement procedures and techniques. Performs commonly used contracting methods and contract types related to pre-award, post-award and/or price/cost analysis functions to perform well defined and precedent contract actions.
Shall have an in-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies, as well as the ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions and be knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc). Additionally, personnel must be able to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare pre-award contract files and associated electronic documentation and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for contract execution.
- Have an active Top Secret Clearance
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in DoD contracting/purchasing.
- FAC-C Level II Contract Certification, National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Certified Federal Contracts Manager/ Professional Contracts Manager, DAWIA Level II Acquisition certification, OR certifications in Contracts/Procurement from an accredited educational institution
- Must have extensive experience in all pre-award contracting procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) AFFARS, and Supplements.
- Must be able to multitask and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Provides assistance in the formation and administration of service and commodity contracts.
- Focus on pre-award and post-award support and price/cost analysis functions containing a variety of complexities. Must have experience with complete contract lifecycle
- Pre-solicitation support by providing guidance and assistance to PMs/CORs and other customers in the course of developing, preparing, writing, reviewing and editing pre-solicitation packages for submission to the contracting activity for all new and recurring services supporting Basic Military Training.
- Reviews all pre-solicitation documents and facilitates recommended edits/revisions to the requirements owners (PMs/CORs) to improve consistency with industry best practices, commercial practices and ensure the documentation is compliant with the appropriate regulatory guidance and statutory limitations (e.g., inherently governmental functions and personal services) to include the FAR, DFARS, AFFARS, contract-related AF Instructions (AFIs), contracting operating instructions, and any other applicable regulatory guidance.
- Ensures documentation is prepared by utilizing the most recent FAR, DoD, AF and local templates provided by the COR or contracting agency.
- Master Schedule Forecasting Support.
- Provide business recommendations and aid to technical and contracting personnel involved in developing contract packages. Review requisition package for adequacy and compliance with administrative, regulatory and procedural requirements, consistency with current market practices and conditions and provides recommendations to contracting officer.
- Experience with acquisition documentation including, but is not limited to, the documents listed below:
- Kick-Off Agenda and Acquisition Strategy Kickoff Meeting Sheet
- Performance Work Statement (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), and Statement of Objectives (SOO)
- Contract Data Requirements List/Data Item Description (CDRL/DID)
- DoD Contract Security Classification Specification (DD Form 254)
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE)
- Market Research Report (MRR)
- Requirements Authorization Document (RAD)
- Authority to Advertise (ATA)
- Electronic Staff Summary Sheet (e-SSS)
- Customer Coordination Forms
- Justification and Approval (J&A) or sole source justification memorandum
- Technical Evaluation Criteria Factors
- Late-to-Need Request Letters
- Determination and Findings (D&F); i.e., personal services, non-DoD agency acquisitions, Unauthorized Telecommute, etc.
- Contract Modifications
- Contract Close-Outs
- Memoranda of Agreement/Understanding (MOA/MOU)
POSITION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sense of ownership
- Sense of urgency
- Sense of pride in work product
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of personal motivation for success
- Positive attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives by complete customer satisfaction.