Payroll/ Accounting Specialist needed in Sacramento for a dynamic, nationally known non-profit that provides affordable housing and other assistance services to low-income communities. This is a newly created position that offers a great opportunity for someone who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference. This is a temp to hire, full time opportunity with excellent benefits.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for 400 employees.
- Administer the processing of timesheets for each payroll cycle.
- Prepare and respond to garnishment withholding sand set up garnishment deductions.
- Process monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll reports.
- Prepare and process electronic and manual bank deposits.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Two year degree in accounting or like field or four years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now platform, Great Plains, Excel spread sheets.
- Time management and ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Analytical and decision-making ability.
- Strong communication skills.
Must be able to clear a thorough drug screening and criminal background check, provide a minimum of two supervisory references and proper documentation to verify eligibility to work in the USA.
Other compliance factors may be involved, depending on position including COVID Vaccination/Boosters. River City Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
River City Staffing, Inc. (RCS) specializes in the placement of highly skilled administrative and finance and accounting professionals. Whether you are seeking temporary placement, temp to hire or direct hire opportunities, RCS has built our reputation on adding value to each and every candidate we meet. At RCS, you will experience expertise, consultation, follow up, advocacy, partnership and so much more. Contact us today! www.rivercitystaffing.com
- Deposit Accounts
- Monthly Reports
- Payroll Practices