Phone Operator– Immediate Openings
Full-time in Elgin
Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, http://www.URL blocked - click to apply.org.
This is a great job opportunity for a Phone Operator who is either experienced or is looking to get into the medical field. In this position, you’ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient’s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
This position is responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, data entry, and distribution of messages.
How You'll Help Patients
- Answers all incoming phone calls to the Call Center, determines callers’ needs and responds accordingly.
- Answers and distribute phone calls to appropriate staff members.
- Takes complete and accurate messages.
- Schedules appointments for patients.
- Enters pertinent patient information into EPM/EHR System completely and accurately.
- Check and distribute voicemail messages.
- Assists Call Center Coordinator and other staff members as needed.
- Assist other Health Centers with patient phone calls as needed.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or GED Certification
- Prior work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity working with computers.
Electronic Medical Record
Provide Logistical Support