Role/Title Material Specialist
Location Huntsville, AL 35824
Duration 06 Months
- Perform manual and clerical work to receive, store, record, distribute, issue, inventory, identify, sort, count, kit assemble, package, ship, order and requisition material, supplies, parts assemblies, equipment and tools.
- Maintain adequate stock on hand as needs and requirements determine.
- Use and operate records systems and equipment.
- Order tools, parts, prints, specifications and material to support shop operations.
- Expedite the supply of needed items by liaison, coordination and follow up with others.
- Prepare and maintain regular and requested reports, charts, graphs and status of work operations information.
- Recognize, identify and report critical supply problems and take or recommend corrective action.
- Prepare forms, records and reports advising supervision of parts, material and tool shortages.
- Advise supervisors of problems and general overall status of material and parts moving through the shop from receiving to shipping.
- Minimize production delays and problems by assuring that parts, materials, and other equipment are available when required.
- Perform the necessary coordination to assure that jobs are completed on time.
- Receive, store, order, and issue store items/materials.
- Compare quantities and identification of parts received with applicable paperwork and adjust discrepancies according to established procedures.
- Prepare parts, tools, and materials for transportation and routing.
- Operate trucks to provide out plant transport of hardware and supplies as required.
- Maintain licenses, permits, and certifications required to perform assigned work.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the general job classification.
- High School graduate or GED.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ACS Group is a premier provider of IT Consulting, Engineering Consulting, Healthcare, Talent, and Workforce Management Solutions to Fortune 1000 companies globally. ACS Group conducts business through five operating brands – AIC, Analysts, ComforceHealth, MassGenics, and HireGenics – each with a specialized business focus. Our operating brands have provided targeted services and solutions for more than 50 years. ACS Group has grown to over $700 million in revenue with more than 12,000 employees and consultants worldwide. Recognitions include: #1 Largest Minority-Owned IT Consulting Company in the U.S. (2016 SIA); Inavero’s Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award (2017). ACS Group is a certified MBE organization, and operating brand, HireGenics, is an NMSDC Corporate Plus® member. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, ACS Group has offices across the U.S., in India, and an international presence in Canada and Latin America.
View the full profile