This is a direct hire position
- The Director of Operations will be accountable for all operations within its division to achieve the results identified by the corporate business strategy and the division financial and long-term strategic plan.
- Will be responsible for a full P&L of two plants consisting of 500 employees.
- Will lead their team of empowered employees to continuously meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Will sit on the leadership team within the company and report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Will provide leadership for all division operating facilities and coordinate cross-functional activities that may include any or all functional departments.
- Will directly be responsible for manufacturing operations and oversight of plant management and is expected to interact with current and prospective customers, distributors and all levels of divisional personnel.
- Works with current and potential customers to promote and leverage company technologies, systems, products and services.
- Establishes and maintains premier customer service.
- Leads strategy deployment for the operation concentrating on Lean Initiatives and asset management.
- Leads manufacturing and process engineering to ensure operational efficiency and economy.
- Accountable for driving Lean Initiatives throughout the operation to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Implement “best practices” to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity throughout the facilities.
- Ensures the operation has adequate inventory, production control scheduling, shipping/receiving logistics.
- Oversee development and management of budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within geographical area of responsibility.
- Represents the operation at the center of excellence and corporate levels.
- Maintain good working relationships with management of all functional areas to promote and support corporate objectives.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
- Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Mentor and manage direct staff and oversee talent development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year University; an MBA is desirable.
- Minimum seven years operations experience with budgetary and P&L responsibility (e.g. Business Unit Manager, Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
- Knowledge of flexographic and/or rotogravure printing and labeling
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to management, customers, and employees
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 170704
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
HKA Enterprises is a multinational firm with more than 40 years of experience providing premier workforce solutions to blue-chip industry leaders. Key services include contingent labor staffing, direct hire, payroll services, and more for the aerospace and defense, architecture and engineering, automotive, construction, information technology, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and shipbuilding industries.
View the full profile