To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2155 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01104
- Natasha M. Figueroa
- Phone: 413-736-0395 ext. 2108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gandara Center • Springfield, MA
Posted 2 months ago
Peer Wellness Coach:
The Peer Wellness Coach will provide health skill-building and supports. Specific interventions may include supporting the participant in being able to have conversations with various providers to access health support and treatment and assisting them in gaining confidence in asserting personal health concerns and questions, while also assisting the participant in building and maintaining self-management skills. Health should be discussed as a process instead of a destination.
- Engage participants to complete an assessment of physical wellness strengths; assist the participant in understanding whole health and the role of health screenings.Act as a member of team to support the participant with primary care physician visits and other medical appointments such as screening clinics, diagnosis centers, tech labs, and allied health services.
- Facilitates groups to support improved health outcomes for program participants.
- Works closely with Wellness Coordinator to engage participants in appropriate services and resources and assists with care coordination.
- Completes all tracking and reporting requirements for outcomes and evaluation.
- Assist participant to coordinate care among providers, which may include facilitating communication with health care providers.
- Motivate and educate participants and their family/caregivers about the importance of preventive services, self-management of chronic health conditions and wellness activities.
- Link participants to community-based support services.
- Regularly attend and participate in team meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED mandatory, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Recovery-based concepts preferred (Recovery Coach, and/or Peer Specialist certificate is a plus). Lived experience is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the addiction treatment service system, recovery coaching or WRAP, wellness and community resources is preferred.
- Bilingual Mandatory – Fluent in English and Spanish.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.