To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, CT
- Gail Gatling-Ellison
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Co-Lead Teacher Children's Center of GWHN, Inc.
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week, with benefits. Must be flexible, position located in The Children's Center, Greater Waterbury Health Network,
172 Grandview Avenue and the zip code is 06708.
Responsible for the overall functions of the classroom
Responsible for the supervision of the children
Responsible for the supervision and training of support staff
- Responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate program in line with the Children’s Center of Greater Waterbury Health Network goals and philosophies.
- Responsible for complying with and maintaining an average or above average rating in all areas in relationship to the Teacher’s Evaluation Form.
- Responsible for maintaining professional attitudes and loyalties to Center at all times.
- Responsible for treating all children, parents, and staff with dignity and respect.
- Responsible for greeting each child/family
- Responsible for daily planning and implementing of all classroom and outdoor activities
- Responsible for the welfare, health and safety of the children in all groups
- Responsible for the supervision of group and staff
- Responsible for all mealtime activities of the group
- Responsible for daily attendance reports
- Responsible for training and constructive utilization of teacher/aides
- Responsible for maintaining a clean environment
- Responsible for attending staff meetings
- Responsible for all required reports pertaining to group
- Responsible for holding parent conferences
- Responsible for attending workshops, conferences, all in service training (20 hours per year full-time, 10 hours per year part-time)
- Responsible for assisting other staff in cleaning Center thoroughly
- Responsible for attending special events
Other Assigned Duties:
- Must obtain and update first aid certificate
- Physical health form every two years
- Willing to perform additional responsibilities when needed.
- Children and families in the Center
- All Center and Hospital Staff
- Professional staff from other agencies Institutes of Higher Learning, etc.
- Greater community
- Must understand child development
- Must be able to relate to children and adults of all socioeconomic levels
Must be willing to continually increase knowledge in field of Early Childhood Education
Bachelor’s degree in child development or early childhood education, or related field with at 12 ECE credits