We are looking for experienced Structural Shipfitters for long-term full-time positions in New Orleans.
- Performing the duties of a Structural Shipfitter daily.
- Job duties include but are not limited to measuring, laying out, cutting, grinding, forming, and drilling of assorted materials (aluminum, steel, stainless, gasket, rubber, screen, etc.).
- Works from Engineering drawings, sketches, and written and verbal instructions.
- Typical tools and equipment used in the performance of duties are MIG and TIG welders, manual hand tools, mechanical, pneumatic, cordless, and electric tools including porta power,come a long, clamps, hammers and mauls, gougers, grinders, saws, band saws, drills, tapes, and scales.
- Housekeeping of shop and work area (keeping work area neat and clean) daily.
- Must visually inspect work to drawings and sketches for completeness and dimensional correctness.
- May direct the activities or tasks of helpers, as assigned.
- 1 – 3 years of related aluminum/shipyard experience
- Formal craft training to demonstrate the ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches, layout and fabricate parts and assemblies correctly.
- Demonstrated skills based on the results of the fabricating test.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to become certified as a forklift and overhead crane operator.
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work
- Lay Outs
- Structural Fitter
- Structural Shipfitter