Industrial Leader in the Home Construction Products Company moving to new Divisional HQ in Akron.
Responsibilities include: Cash management, General Ledger accounting, Account analysis and reconciliation, Budget preparation, Tax return preparation, Variance analysis, Expense report processing; Vendor masterfile maintenance
· Performs General Ledger /Monthly closing activities including preparation and entry of all assigned journal entries, completion of checklist and other supporting documentation, and monthly report preparation in a timely manner
· Responsible for all aspects of Divisional Cash Management including maintaining and balancing all activity for each account and recording all appropriate monthly cash journal entries in the General Ledger.
· Acts as a check signer on both US and Canadian disbursement accounts. Interfaces with bank on all banking activities: positive pay issues, cancellations and exceptions, stop payments, wire and ACH transfers,
· Manages intercompany cash transfers from Canada to the US, tracks currency gains and losses on these for tax purposes, and records all necessary entries with subsidiary.
· Records all Intercompany entries with Corporate and all other divisions, including both sides of entries with EPG Sales. Communicates as necessary with Corporate and divisional staffs to insure that Intercompany accounts balance and will eliminate properly.
· Assists in the annual Budgeting process including population and reconciliation of budget data in ERP system and monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis.
· Responsible for Sarbanes Oxley compliance in all aspects of performance of job responsibilities and for internal testing of all cycles on a quarterly basis. Also responsible for electronic retention of testing documentation for audit purposes. Takes a lead role in SOX Audit preparation and participates actively in the audit process with both internal and external auditors.
· Responsible for preparation of Sales and Use and GST/PST returns for multiple jurisdictions on a timely basis and for communication with tax authorities to resolve issues or respond to inquiries. Handles all necessary registration issues that arise, all correspondence with tax authorities and all on-line filings.
· Responsible for a large volume of account reconciliations including analysis of assigned Balance sheet accounts with supporting documentation on a monthly, continuing basis.
· Responsible for acting as a back-up and support for the Certify Accountant, for EPGS and IG Systems, insuring compliance with Quanex travel policy,
· Performs all vendor set-up and routine maintenance to vendor master to maintain data integrity, insure payment accuracy and control compliance.
· Completes special projects as assigned by Financial management.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Accredited College/University.
- Excellent general PC skills. Ability to work with and create in the following software - Microsoft Access (Databases) and Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets).
· Must be detail oriented – Accuracy is key to position.
· Must have strong analytical skills and ability to recognize trends and anomalies in the data .
· Needs the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment.