To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
225 Sand Road
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Kyocera Document Solutions • Fairfield, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports directly to the Vice President of Finance. The objective of the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) position is to oversee the preparation of financial analysis and key statistical studies as well as acting as the primary liaison between Finance and IT with respect to the implementation and maintenance of financial software and key reports. Assist the VP of Finance in evaluating applicable accounting standard requirements as they relate to company related transactions and help develop policy and procedure as required.
This role will also serve as a back up to the Director of Accounting and will have complete knowledge of the monthly financial closing and reporting requirements and will also assist in the financial closing and reporting process as required from time to time.
The Manager of FP&A will also assist with the ongoing evaluation and assessment of the company’s internal control structure and will trouble shoot various accounting and financial reporting related matters at the HQ, Subsidiary and Affiliate level, if required.
In addition, the Manager of FP&A will also assist in the gathering and review of data required to evaluate potential acquisition candidates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as Sales, Gross Profit and SG&A expense performance as well as rate of return, working capital, and investments
• Utilizes strong PC and application software skills to compile data and prepare reports, graphs and charts required by management
• Assist in the monthly financial closing and reporting process as required
• Assist in supporting quarterly and year end audit requirements
• Assist in the review and oversight of the month account reconciliation process
• Assists with special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses
• Assist with compilation and analysis of consolidated budgets, forecasts and long-range plans
• Assists with the preparation of information required for the monthly financial review meetings and prepares and maintains minutes to meetings
• Assists VP of Finance with ongoing review and evaluation of accounting standards and evaluation of applicability to KDA’s business transactions
• Collaborates with IT and finance staff relating to the implementation and maintenance of financial software applications and key reports
• Assists in the gathering of data required to evaluate potential acquisition candidates
• Maintain a “hands on” approach in working with other members of the finance team to ensure timely resolution of any accounting process and/or system issues
• Work directly with the VP of Finance in development and implementation of accounting policy and procedures
• Work directly with the VP of Finance in maintaining a standardized internal control framework and updates process flow and related control risk documentation as required
• Assist in the review of monthly reporting package submissions to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with corporate policy and procedure. Communicate any issues or anomalies to management in a timely manner.
• Work directly with the VP of Finance and CFO in performing acquisition valuation analysis and purchase accounting.
• Assist the VP of Finance in working with outside auditors to coordinate quarterly review and annual audit procedures.
• Ensure proper control of expenses by performing comprehensive monthly analysis of expenses compared to budget and prior month trend. Communicate any issues to management and initiate timely corrective action as necessary.
• Perform financial analysis, develop and provide management reports for executive management.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting
• CPA preferred.
• Ten years business related experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and comfortable working within a consolidation software system
• Strong technical accounting skills.
• Internal Controls implementation experience.
• Excellent hands on skills in working with industry recognized accounting systems (preferably Oracle and E-automate).
• Experience partnering with IT in the development and/or enhancement of financially significant software applications.
• Proficient in working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• HQ Controller
• Corporate Tax Manager
• Members of the IT staff
• Manager of Direct Operations
• Direct Operations General Managers
• Direct Operations Controllers and Finance staff
• KDA Affiliate Controllers and Finance staff
• KDA HQ Executive management.
• External contacts with independent auditors and vendors
• Will supervise and collaborate with others as required on a project by project basis
This is a general description of the duties and responsibilities most frequently required of the position. The company may from time to time request that the incumbent perform other related tasks and assume reasonable responsibilities that have not been specifically included in this description.
KYOCERA Document Solutions America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a VEVRRA Federal Contractor, and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination. Kyocera provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Qualified minorities, women, protected veterans and/or individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.