Top Required Skills:
· Considerable revenue management knowledge and experience.
· Requires a breadth and mastery of technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
· 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible operational (management), project management, consulting or relevant professional experience in revenue management (e.g., reimbursement, payer contracting, decision support, health information management, patient financial services).
· Ability to manage small to mid-size projects having a system-wide scope of responsibility and impact.
· Demonstrated increases in operational management or project management leadership experience. Develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships and partnerships with leaders, stakeholders and decision makers.
· Some knowledge of project plan development, workflow analysis and change management/process improvement methodologies
· Considerable knowledge of and experience in project plan development, workflow analysis, and managing complex process improvement/change management projects.
· Ability to drive change and to plan, formulate and implement strategies.
· Ability to identify, evaluate and demonstrate operational opportunities, business needs, provide authoritative consultation and recognize the interests of executive leaders stakeholders and decision makers.
· Considerable knowledge and experience supporting and developing reporting and analytics for research, process improvement/change management support and specific revenue management function. Ability to develop appropriate methods to collect, analyze and report data.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Visio) and standard project management software (i.e., spreadsheets, databases, graphics, presentation tools, etc.).
· Broad based knowledge of health care finance and hospital operations
· Analytics / Business Objects
· Manages and oversees small to mid-size project initiatives/teams having a UEM focus, scope of responsibility and impact. Defines and manages project plans and goals; conducts business workflow mapping; impact analyses and modeling; applies action steps, develops status reports or communication plans and keeps management and key stakeholders apprised ensuring project plans and deliverables are met and in alignment with organization goals.
· Manages and oversees team members’ work. Provides and monitors assignments of project team members, generally in a matrix work environment. Provides leadership and seasoned guidance coordinating projects, adhering to established methodology, managing deliverables, addressing risk factors and providing problem resolution in meeting project plan deliverables.
· Serves as a key consult and recognized expert providing seasoned guidance and proven competence interfacing with executive leaders, stakeholders, high level professionals and decision makers in the development and implementation of operational process improvement and change management strategies. Develops and maintains effective relationships with leaders, stakeholders, high level professionals and decision makers in order to support URO UEM initiatives and ensure the successful implementation of goals and objectives.
· Facilitates committee meetings with executive leaders, key stakeholders and decision makers by gathering/exchanging information, coordinating communications and making presentations. Responsible for researching and compiling detailed information from multiple sources and preparing materials which may include the development of new policies, processes and opportunities.
· Responsible for complex and specialized assignments requiring the application of deep analytical and practical guidance and direction. Serves as a technical resource providing seasoned and specialized knowledge and interpolative and adaptive thinking in response to a variety of situations and challenges. Develops integrated solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues and strategies which support business needs, address the interrelationship of issues and aligns operational plans with URO UEM goals and objectives.
· Identifies and prepares operational and financial metrics and provides appropriate interpretation and application of data. Designs, develops and implements systems that provide financial, statistical and operational information. Identifies and recommends enhancements to computer systems which support the revenue management operations.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Informatics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.