To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newport News, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Dispatch Support Technician
eXcell • Newport News, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As part of a leading IT managed services specialist with more than 12,000 associates worldwide, we rely on the personal relationships we build with our consultants and the clients who depend on them. Join the eXcell team.
We're currently in need of 1 Printer / IT Support Technician to perform break-fix work for desktops and laptops as well as printers during a Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm shift plus some nights / weekends.
* * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * *
- This is a driving position which requires a DMV background check to be completed
- Use of reliable, personal vehicle required – miles reimbursed according to CompuCom policy
- Technician will travel to each client’s location to provide service
- Must maintain good customer focus meeting deadlines and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs desktops, laptops, servers, and printers
- Printer support to include hardware break-fix, IMAC, and project work
- Equipment covered includes client, Dell and Lexmark Printers and PCs
- Works under general supervision
- 3+ years’ experience supporting printers or MFDs (multi-function displays), including software and break-fix
- Experience supporting desktops, laptops, & related equipment, both software and hardware
- Basic understanding of networks
- 3+ years of customer service experience required
- Ability to work weekends, staggered or late shifts possibly including evenings and/or weekends
- Interpersonal skills needed to interact with a wide range of users and environments
- Ability to manage priorities
Basic Needs / Haves:
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required (driving position – reimbursed accordingly)
- Ability to work from a bent, crouched, or kneeled position
- Ability to work on a ladder or lift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Smartphone with tethering / hot spot capabilities (reimbursed within corporate guidelines)
- Laptop and basic hand tools required
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- OEM Printer Warranty Certifications
- Printer Certifications with TCN
- OEM Laptop / Desktop Warranty Certifications
- Server experience a plus
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.