Siepert & Co., LLP is currently looking for a Tax & Accounting Manager for our Beloit, WI office. This position offers a partnership opportunity. Submit a cover letter with your resume to be considered.
Responsibilities of Siepert Managers include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage complex engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations.
- Identify and respond to client issues in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with the client and/or other accountants.
- Manage the Tax and Comp Team including professional development.
- Lead the client relationship as well as work on the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with both clients and the Team
- Complete accounting engagements involving compilations.
- Prepare financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Complete payroll for multiple clients on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare and review individual and business tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects
- Cultivate new business opportunities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
Qualifications, Requirements, Skills and Attributes
- Broad conceptual judgment and initiative
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to focus
- Ability to research
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy, specifically with Word, Outlook, Excel, and Thomson Reuters products
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Certification
- Familiar with pronouncements of the FASB and the AICPA (SAS and APB)
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a professional services firm including a minimum of 4 years of supervisory responsibilities.
- Prior public accounting experience required.
Standard Accounting Practices