• Teach through 20-21 school year.
• Plan and teach multiple subjects for one middle school class of up to 9 students.
• Conduct academic and/or work experience program(s) to meet the student’s academic/vocational needs as stated in the objectives of the student’s IEP.
• Planning, implementing and evaluating individual, small and large group instruction.
• Assessing student academic skills and behavioral skills in collaboration with program therapists and principals and setting individual behavioral goals.
• Reporting student progress.
• Maintaining student records.
• Developing student IEP goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s in Special Education with an emphasis on emotional and/or behavior disorders.
Meet Maryland state teacher’s certification requirements or Bachelor’s degree with commitment to obtain and maintain certification which meet Maryland state teacher’s certification requirements .
*Student teaching or two years of successful teaching experience working with students with emotional and behavior disabilities preferred.
- Preparing special education lesson plans
- Provide individualized education programs to students
- Provide special education to students with significant developmental needs
- Develop and implement students' individualized education plans
- Manage instructional programs for students with special needs
- Coordinating the activities of all staff members that work with students in the classroom and for teaching students
- Maintain accurate student records and special education files for caseload of students
- Provide special education to students with multiple developmental and/or medical needs
- Teach in special education classrooms
- Provide equal access to education for all of students
- Work with students in program
- Communicating and cooperating with other teachers regarding special education programs
- Adapt or differentiate small group instruction for students with special needs
- Supervise teacher assistants/Para Educators supporting the instruction of students with disabilities
- Oversee special education student services provided by contractual service providers
- Providing educational services to children and adolescents in a special education full-time emotional support classroom