As part of the overall materials team and specifically the planning, forecasting and related inventory functions, this function will be responsible for defining, analyzing and maintaining the plant-wide planning parameters in MRP, including forecasting and supporting inventory processes for materials management. ABC metrics, MOQ’s and Safety Stock management to defined service expectations will be owned by this role. OTD and SOP assistance
• Tactical support of the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process including working with customer service and scheduling to ensure customer needs are met.
• Maintain responsible businesses supply planning models in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, and Operations.
• Participate in the development of the process and system changes necessary to enhance S&OP performance
• Oversee part by part analysis of all inventory items assigned by product, including finished goods, Kanban WIP and raw material.
• Drives efforts to alleviate material planning, MRP, and kanban training deficiencies both within and outside of their materials team
• Assists Materials Manager in prioritizing IT efforts to develop information systems for Operations team. Critical team member on MRP/ERP improvement projects.
• Oversee OTD analysis and planning to meet goals and objectives
• Develop and maintain management reports as required
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to meet Xylem’s inventory objectives
• Supply planner for Llevel build stock factory
• New product ramp up and down, forecasting, planning Key Competencies:
• Adaptive learning
• Innovative thinking
• Continuous improvement mindset
• NDP Methodology stewardship
• Core cross-boundary collaboration
• Planning & process orientation
• Core developing capability (for people manager)
• Project leadership
• Core inspiring accountability
• Solution design
• Core leading people & teams (for people manager)
• System thinking
• Cross-boundary/cross cultural communication
• Customer solution orientation
• Technical-problem solving
• 3 years Operations/Materials experience
• 3 years Leadership experience (Engineer to order production environment preferred)
• Current computer skills (Microsoft Office, Visio, Access etc.)
• MRP / Kanban experience (SAP preferred)
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including ability to effectively coach, motivate, empower, develop and evaluate employees.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
• Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong bias for action, and effective change agent.
• Proficiency in managing and facilitating teams through problem solving and conflict resolutions.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
• BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field Preferred Qualifications:
• APICS CPIM (preferred)
• Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Lead Master certifications (preferred)
• Buisiness Objects, Access, and advanced Excel skills
408 664 0520
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Master Scheduler role at Morton Grove IL