To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Urbandale, IA
- Phone:: 515.235.0474
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) - Urbandale, IA
Planned Parenthood of the Heartland • Urbandale, IA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF THE HEARTLAND
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA)
Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is seeking a full-time Certified or Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) to join our newly built-out Urbandale health center! This multifaceted position works in both direct patient care and records/reception areas. The CMA/RMA will participate in a team approach to patient care and communicate effectively and sensitively with patients from a wide range of backgrounds and ages while serving as a patient advocate.
Job responsibilities include:
· Performing front desk functions to include telephone, patient scheduling, patient flow and processing mail supplies
· Providing contraceptive supplies, medications including injectables, performing venipunctures and managing patients with medical emergencies per Planned Parenthood of the Heartland protocols under direct supervision of a licensed nurse practitioner, physician assistant, physician or registered nurse
· Working with health care team to meet established productivity standards
· Maintaining a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and applying these to patient and clinic services
· Preparing, organizing and maintaining patient medical records
This position is full-time averaging 37.75 hours per week. Tentative schedule: Mondays 10:45a-7p, Tuesdays 8:45a-5p, second and third Wednesdays 7:45a-4p, Thursdays 7:45a-4p, Fridays 8:45a-5p, first and fourth Saturdays 9:45a-3p.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· CMA/RMA - A graduate of a training program for Medical Assistants. Certification or registration by program accredited through National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) within one year of hire
· One year work experience in health care, customer service or medical office preferred
· Background check required for employment
Benefit package includes:
· Paid Vacation Days
· 8 Paid Holidays
· Life/Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Flexing spending accounts
· Employee Assistance Program
· Retirement plan with employer match
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is a tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy that individuals will be treated equally in consideration for and during employment regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, income or political affiliation except where a characteristic is a bona fide occupational qualification.