Plays a significant role in attracting and retaining residents and guests of the building. The Resident Services Coordinator is generally the first point of contact for the building’s for guests. This position provides exceptional customer service to include useful information to guests of the building.
As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable for your actions while showing a positive attitude; being trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expectations while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
Duties and Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primary focus of the position is to be the extension of the Management Office. With the approval of the Property Manager the Resident Services Concierge is to create and update any necessary policy and procedures required to run the Front Desk operations smoothly and efficiently at a 5-star level. Supervision of the Front Desk personnel in this regard is a must.
- Secondary focus of the position is to ensure residents receive optimum enjoyment of building aesthetics, privacy, services and amenities. The Resident Services Concierge seeks opportunities to create memories and build positive resident relationships with the Building and the Association by anticipating needs and exceeding expectations with creative, gracious and hospitable delivery of services.
- While direct supervisory role is generally limited to Front Desk Operations or other Concierge staff, if any, the Resident Services Concierge acts as “chief of protocol” to facilitate well-orchestrated coordination of maintenance, housekeeping and office staff to deliver gracious, seamless service to residents and guests. As such, incumbent’s focus is to smooth over, not exaggerate, occasional gaps or gaffs.
- Assists management office with resident communications and relationships.
- Position also requires to include but are not limited to package delivery operation, Amenity Rental Event Coordination, Theatre and Business Room Reservations, and greeting of residents and guests.
- Maintain assigned areas in a professional and a presentable condition, with no food, drink, and personal items, including personal cell phones and earpieces, other electronics, books, magazines, etc., in view.
- Greet all guests in a standing upright position as they enter the community maintaining the highest quality of customer service.
- Respond to all resident and guest concerns with empathy and resourceful problem-solving while maintaining positive image of Association, Developer and Management team. Promptly communicate resident and guest concerns to the Management Office.
- Respect resident and guest privacy, perspective, priorities, time and resources.
- Coordinate with office administrative staff to maintain and update all unit owner information in computer database as assigned.
- Follow all “check-in” policies and procedures without any exceptions. All phone calls made to residents should be clear and in a professional manner.
- Promptly communicate resident and guest concerns to management office. Direct all inquiries regarding all Association affairs not addressed in the Front Desk Manual or beyond Concierge scope of duties to the Management Office.
- Be well versed in the Rules and Regulations and to report any violations that are noticed at any time. Use designated Daily Log and/or Incident Report forms to record “who, what, where, when” facts of the incident, without subjective opinions or judgments.
- Receive all telephone calls in a professional manner utilizing proper phone etiquette.
- Oversee scheduling and use of condominium amenity areas. Responsible for amenity rental event coordination. Submit requests by renters for extra personnel to the Management Office. Provide the Management Office with the schedule for the event in a timely manner. This will include setup requests and times. Provide guest list and event information to valet, security, housekeeping staff and arrange for additional staffing as required within the cost and reimbursement provisions of the amenity reservation forms and procedures. Inspect facilities for cleanliness and damage prior to and after the event with accurate reports to Management Office.
- Responsible for content and publication of various communications from Management to residents and guests, e.g., monthly newsletter, email blasts, website postings. Also responsible for assisting with mass mailings at Manager’s direction.
- Follow all standards policies and procedures with regards to emergency response by coordinating with Management, Chief Engineer, or Fire Rescue / Police services. Assist Management with hurricane/disaster/emergency preparedness and response with special emphasis on resident communications, knowledge of special evacuation needs, etc.
The position will be indoors working with equipment generally used in an office. This position is inside a Condominium building and will be exposed to moderate to loud noises, pets, and a diverse population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to sit. stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 30 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly) position. Days and hours of work will be determined by each building due to the needs of the client. The schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the property.
Required Education and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar position and in a similar setting; such as a hotel is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; a 2-year or above college degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required. Excellent writing skills required for the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong English communication skills are essential. Conversational ability or fluency in other languages, especially Spanish, is always desirable and may also be required at particular site(s).
- Strong grasp of generally used computer application required; MS Office Suite
- The ability to provide clear, concise notices and reports and to present basic analysis with professional presentation quality essential.
- Must have the ability to learn and utilize specialized hospitality and related software required.
Employee reports directly to the Association Manager of the community and is to take direction only from the Manager
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complex Problem Solving