The Munch Difference
Technical Support Representative
Munch's Supply is theexclusive distributor for Trane and American Standard HVAC products in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Michigan. Exceptional quality, outstanding customer service and competitive pricing have helped make the company a premier wholesaler for more than 60 years.We offer a bright future due to our amazing growth.
Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer.
The Technical Support Representative provides day to day technical HVAC support for contractors via phone and/or onsite assistance and post-sale support.This role performs cross- functionally with other sales and support employees.Additionally, this role conducts product training as needed for American Standard and Trane, DSS/FSR support, as well as general sales support ongoingly.
On your first day of hireat Munch’s Supply, we offer a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer voluntary short and long-term disability as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) is on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Additional benefits include PTO and vacation (accrued from your first day of employment), holidays, employee discount, summer hours program, free company swag, top notch training, and an employee assistance program.
Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Supports valued business relationships in all dealings with related departments aiming to resolve customer and other issues in a timely manner.Approaches peers and customers with a spirit of positive problem resolution.
- Provides excellent customer service through timely customer interaction, problem resolution or escalation with effective and efficient follow-up.
- Prepares for and conducts product training as needed.
American Standard and Trane DSS/FSR Support
- Provides day-to-day technical support of dealers via phone and / or onsite assistance as required.
- As directed, communicates service bulletins and alerts to dealers on a timely basis.
- Provides product performance investigation and reports of quality and / or First Notice events to American Standard/Trane.
- Provides local administration of corrective action programs, concession, and warranty claim processes for dealers.
- Provides effective and timely response to consumer inquiries and complaints.
General Sales Support
- Provides dealer and consumer problem resolution.
- Conducts field job site visits.
- Provides sales support where technical assistance or expertise is required.
- Coordinates recalls or product re-work when necessary.
- Conducts dealer communication related to technical issues.
- Efficiently and accurately processes counter sales orders and quotes as necessary.
- Maintains a technical library at the branch, consisting of product information, specifications, installation, operation, and theory.
- Professionally handle incoming branch and customer phone inquiries.
- Assists in the promotion of training classes.
- Provides call reports detailing customer interaction.
- Attends seminars and vendor training as required, including annual DSS/FSR meeting.
What will you bring to the table?
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience with HVAC technical support, service, installation and related functions
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Aptitude for mathematical operations and numerical analysis as well as be able to use a 10-key calculator and other tabulation devices.
- Use computers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, and phone systems relative to the needs of the job.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute.
Apply here today!
Nice (Unix Utility)