Do you want to join a company that is shaping the media landscape of the future? This is an incredible opportunity to join this fast growing and exciting company where people who work there consider themselves lucky to do so!
Our client's employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. Our client helps smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them.
The Revenue Accountant will report to a Manager, Revenue Accounting and will be based in Washington, DC; travel to New York, NY 1-2 times per year is required for this role.
Responsibilities: Revenue Accountant
- Collect and interpret necessary data to ensure proper billing to customers
- Work directly with our sales team to ensure proper reporting access for open advertising campaigns
- Manage various data portals and pull together timely reporting to ensure accurate revenue recognition based on GAAP
- Analyze insertion orders and revenue reporting to determine proper monthly billing
- Create customer billing accounts, send invoices and prepare supporting schedules
- Work closely with our advertising operations and sales teams to resolve billing disputes
- Work with the Revenue Accounting Manager and other revenue accountants to document proper GAAP accounting interpretations of complex insertion orders and non-standard contracts
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations related to deferred revenue and advanced billing
- Support audit requests for areas of responsibility
- Identify areas for process improvements and update internal process documentation
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
Experience Required: Revenue Accountant
- Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) required with a concentration in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of work experience in accounting, preferably at a “big four” auditing firm or large corporate accounting department
- An in-progress or completed CPA certification.
- Experience with general ledger accounting and the monthly close process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels and departments within an organization
- Strong computer skills – PowerPoint, Google Apps, and Excel skills including experience with pivot tables and VLOOKUPs.
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines. This position requires the ability to manage vast amounts of detailed information; accuracy is paramount.
- A positive and open-minded attitude with the ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment
- Self-motivation and a desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of processes
Additional Criteria: Revenue Accountant
- Experience working in the digital media and/or advertising industry.
- Experience with Salesforce, Financial Force
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Our client provides comprehensive healthcare options for employees and to ensure that healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles