The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing strategic activities to ensure that materials are sourced with suppliers that meet quality and performance standards at a competitive price. Manage selected major commodities representing high dollar value and/or critical impact on manufacturing operations.
● Develop and administer strategies to achieve performance objectives relating to quality, cost, and materials availability.
● Negotiate price and supply terms for selected major commodities.
● Evaluate the current supply base for major commodities and develop/integrate new or existing suppliers to support future requirements.
● Assist in the resolution of supply and/or quality problems and supervise the follow-up and expediting of supplier deliveries.
● Develop sourcing strategy and monitor timetables to ensure the availability of materials to support manufacturing.
● Review supplier capacities with respect to new and/or current sources.
● Mediate price/quality disputes. Work with suppliers to implement corrective actions as required per quarterly supplier rating.
● Perform demand and supply market analysis. Obtain information necessary to assess short term and long-term pricing trends, raw material availability.
● Monitor Supplier performance. Recommend the addition/removal of suppliers from approved supplier list.
● Manage and implement annual cost saving projects per assigned targets.
● Ability to prioritize assignments and complete on time.
● Ability to communicate assignments effectively- written and verbal.
● Ability to make decisions within scope of responsibility.
● Ability to effectively manage projects.
● Able to interact well with all levels of colleagues and suppliers.
● Ability to achieve goals and drive results.
● Strong leadership, organizational, project management and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines and facilitate solutions in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively with individuals at all levels of organization.
● Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
● Excellent computer skills and experience using software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel spreadsheets.
● Responsible for all purchasing department related activities.
Candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience working in the Purchasing or Supply Chain field. An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience is required. SMT experience is a MUST. Must possess strong negotiation skills and have experience developing new suppliers. Excellent planning, organizational and oral and written communication skills.