TAS Commercial Concrete Construction is a leader in the concrete construction industry providing customer satisfaction, quality, production, safety, and integrity since 1980. Our concrete services include light commercial, structural, industrial, tilt wall, turnkey, pour and finish, and pumping in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Central Texas areas. Our rich history and accomplished portfolio has consistently ranked TAS among ENR Top Concrete Contractors since 1995. TAS is an operating subsidiary of Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com).
At TAS, we provide peace of mind as much as we do concrete services. It's what the company's reputation is built on and how our clients benefit from working with us. Clients who know us best are assured we have the resources and commitment to handle every aspect of the job with their interests in mind. That's why they choose to work with us time and again.
For additional information, go to: www.tasconcrete.com.
About the job:
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative, in Houston, TX. This position is accountable for creating and maintaining client relationships and identifying new projects for the Company. The incumbent will also assist in coordinating and facilitating the proposal process with potential clients, assisting with pre-qualification documentation, presenting proposals to clients and negotiating contract terms. The incumbent will typically work with the VP Sales & Marketing, VP Operations, Estimators, Project Managers, and potential customers and clients in achieving the objectives of this position.
- Works closely with the VP Business Development and senior management to develop sales strategies that will help the Company achieve its short and long-range business objectives.
- Develops new clients and presents services that can be rendered.
- Establishes and maintains on-going client relationships with customers and clients to investigate new business and project opportunities as they arise.
- Serves as a primary liaison with clients in bid proposals, pre-qualification submittals, and contract negotiations.
- Updates the VP Sales & Marketing and other key Company personnel regarding the progress made on upcoming projects, bid proposals, and other business opportunities.
- Evaluates upcoming project opportunities to assess the feasibility of the business prospect for the Company.
- Collaborates with appropriate management to discuss bid proposal details including project feasibility, cost estimates, timeframes and deadlines, project performance, etc.
- Tracks and monitors the status of all bid proposals and future project opportunities.
- Participates in internal marketing and business meetings and presents ideas and strategies that to develop new business.
- Supports other business development initiatives including marketing and “name branding” efforts, i.e., corporate brochures, corporate newsletter distribution, trade show participation, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent encounters.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties that may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
A minimum of (5) years concrete construction industry experience is required with proven abilities and expertise in business development in both light and structural commercial concrete. B.S. Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or other related discipline is preferred.
In addition, the incumbent must have;
- High level of business acumen and be technically proficient and knowledgeable about the marine construction industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness, and the ability to keep all Company information and materials strictly confidential (both internally and externally) are essential elements of this position.
- Organization skills, diligent, and be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to independently identify work to be done.
- Flexibility, ability to adjust to sudden changes in work priorities.
- Ability to prioritize work generally and in order to accommodate those changes.
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
- Prescription Drugs
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off, Holidays, Jury Duty or Bereavement Leave
- Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should apply directly to Employment@TASconcrete.com
By submitting your resume and/or employment application, you agree for TAS Commercial Concrete to contact you regarding employment opportunities via phone, email, text and social media.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law.