Murphy Tractor & Equipment Company, Inc.
Title: Shop Foreman
Supervisor: Branch Service Manager
The Shop Foreman is responsible for completing work orders and invoices, preparing warranty claims, reporting and minimizing aged work-in-process, maintaining service records and quality control records, completing job status reports, maintaining current billing cycle, assisting with yearly performance reviews, assisting with determining labor needed, assisting with diagnosing technical machine issues, assisting employees to obtain training, assisting in conducting safety meetings and other general service department duties as directed by the Branch Service Manager.
● Administrative – Maintain department communication in order to complete work and grow service labor sales. Utilize various computer programs and John Deere communication tools as resources. Plan work schedule. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area and appearance.
● Inventory Control – Maintain service department tool inventory.
● Service – Complete service data on invoices. Open and close work orders in a timely manner in order to minimize aged work-in-process. Perform s basic diagnostics and determine s what repairs are needed and advise s customers of replacement parts as necessary. Repair and replace damaged or worn parts. Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance. Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work orders, taking note of the cause of failure/problems. Prepare warranty information. Service and maintain company vehicle and shop. Maintain flat rate in accordance with the Standard Pricing Guide (SPG). Utilize Marketing Service Times (MST’s) to quote jobs. Maintain current knowledge of Company and competitor products. Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment. Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and technical drawings. Assist in completing job status reports.
● Manage – Assist in yearly performance reviews for Service Technicians. Assist in determining labor needed in preparation for workloads. Assist factory and engineers with diagnosing technical machine issues. Assists in maintaining billing cycle efficiencies, expenses and gross margins.
● Training – Assist in working with employees in obtaining technician certification and complete training needs. Assist in conducting monthly safety meetings.
● Deliver parts, run errands, etc. as needed.
● Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
● Strong knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of heavy construction equipment.
● Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
● Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
● Strong focus on customer service.
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
● Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
● Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of customers or coworkers.
● Strong attention to detail
● Able to work effectively in a team environment.
● Able to process work with accuracy.
● Meet commitments and deadlines.
● Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
● Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
● Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
● Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.