To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Windward Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
The Senior Splunk Architect role will be responsible for our client's Splunk infrastructure. A successful candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert for Splunk at the client. The Senior Splunk Architect will work closely with the Event Management team in implementing additional Splunk functionality and furthering adoption of Splunk within the client environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- Support expansion of the Splunk Operational Intelligence and IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) Platforms
- Design and implement Splunk infrastructure, deployment, products, apps, reports, alerts, and dashboards
- Integrate Splunk ITSI with ticketing systems such as SalesForce and ServiceNOW
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects (Apps, Dashboards, Saved Searches, Scheduled Searches, Alerts, Glass Tables)
- De-code and Debug complex Splunk queries
- Provide Splunk technical expertise and consultancy to internal client teams looking to leverage splunk
- Partner with the Event Management team to expand the analytics capability for SLA Management, KPI monitoring and management, and additional event-correlation metrics
- Engage with internal client teams to align platform capabilities with business requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 - 8 years of current experience in big data analytics, data warehousing and/or business intelligence domains
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with ITSI
- Splunk Architect certification preferred, Architect II preferred
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence Certified Admin certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot core software platform and infrastructure components
- Ability to perform complete Splunk environment installs, filter data, and manage indexes
- Experience creating, and maintaining Splunk applications
- Experience writing documentation, procedures and best practices in technical environments
- API Development experience. JSON/REST/SOAP/Python experience.
- Experience integrating Splunk ITSI with SalesForce and ServiceNOW
- Experience working with industry standard authentication and permissions models
- Experience working with REST APIs, and web development
- A working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages and application
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow team members
Location: Reston, VA
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.