DataStaff, Inc. has an URGENT need for Customer Service Contact Tracers. These positions will be contract opportunities for a client located in Kentucky. This will be on-site throughout the state of Kentucky and will sit in local county offices.
These positions will be supporting a large project, so 200+ Contact Tracers are needed.
Project will start immediately, therefore looking for candidates that can start right away, as early as June 1.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday; first shift hours, 40 hours per week.
The Contact Tracer will be responsible for contacting Kentuckians who have been identified as a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case. Contact Tracers will use a web-based platform to notify all close contacts of their exposure, determine the presence of symptoms, refer for testing if needed, and provide the appropriate isolation or quarantine education and guidance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that you build and maintain trust with patients and contacts as you work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Notify exposed individuals (contacts) of their potential exposure as rapidly and sensitively as possible.
- Protect patient privacy; contacts are only informed that they may have been exposed to a patient with the infection. They are not told the identity of the patient who may have exposed them.
- Provide contacts with education, information, and support to understand their risk, what they should do to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, monitor themselves for illness, and the possibility that they could spread the infection to others even if they themselves do not feel ill.
- Encourage contacts to stay home and maintain social distance from others (at least 6 feet) until 14 days after their last exposure, in case they also become ill. They should monitor themselves by checking their temperature twice daily and watching for cough or shortness of breath.
- Check in with contacts to make sure they are self-monitoring and have not developed symptoms. Contacts who develop symptoms should promptly isolate and they should be promptly evaluated for infection and for the need for medical care.
- Maintain data in contract tracing software.
- High School Diploma with 6 months - 2 years of experience in the administrative field
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Fluency in languages such as Spanish or Burmese is desired, but not required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Ability to follow directions
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally
- Ability to think critically and use good judgement in all decision making
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
*This position is available as a W2 position and offers competitive benefits.