ABBTECH is seeking a PC Technician. Deskside Technicians are expected to provide on-site support for the delivery and installation of new equipment, and prompt and professional resolution to end user issues involving IT equipment and software. The technicians will troubleshoot incidents and collaborate with other IT service providers as needed to insure resolution. Technicians will provide the required level of support, using “remote tools” when possible. Pay will be determined by relevant experience. In order to support the deployment of replacement workstations...
Technicians are responsible for the following:
- Execute the pre-capture checklist to assure the success of the deployment solution activity
- Perform loading of above-baseline software and perform quality control steps to ensure the systems have the required configuration and software
- Correction of discrepancies identified, and root cause analysis to prevent future discrepancies
- Setup, deploy, and assure the quality of desktop and laptop workstations and attached equipment to end users and support the deployment of new workstations
- Distribute peripheral equipment and associate supply items such as printers, toner, etc.
- Provide a weekly status report to the Project Manager and staff which will contain:
- Summary and status of work performed for the time frame of the report
- Number and type of activities performed
- Number and status of reports produced
- Summary of analysis performed
- Barriers encountered and mitigations to those barriers
- Problems or constraints for completing any of the requirements;
- Status of open items from previous report(s)
Recognized certificates in one or more of the following disciplines or equivalent experience which demonstrates proficiency.
- Comp Tia A+
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- 2 or 4-year degree in an IT related field of work
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
Network Configuration And Change Management
Windows Server 2003
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Abbtech is a Woman-Owned Business, incorporated in the State of Virginia, which maintains two offices: one in Washington, DC and one in Baltimore, MD. We have a total staff of 20 full time employees. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical, Telecom and Administrative personnel.
View the full profile
Abbtech has a computerized database of over 100,000 resumes, which have been updated annually since 1992. Our current client database exceeds 300 dealing with clients of various sizes. We offer and provide experience, knowledge, dedication and a commitment to service. We staff locally in Maryland, Virginia, District of Columbia, Delaware and West Virginia, and nationally using various Internet sources, national resume services, trade publications, newspapers, campus recruiting, state agencies, job fairs and referrals.
Our key staff members possess over 100 years of cumulative experience with an established reputation in all aspects of the staffing business.