ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Takes and records patient’s vital signs
• Gives enemas when needed
• Measures and records patient’s fluid intake and output
• Provides daily routine care such as bathing, dressing and feeding
• Assists patients in active and passive range of motion, transferring, walking and turning
• Cleans rooms and makes patient beds
• Answers patient’s calls
• Converses with patients to provide assurance
• Assists in care and feeding of infants
• Manages supply inventory and supply requisitions
• Observes Universal Precautions
• Ability to follow written Nursing Care Plan
• Provides patient transportation to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping
• Provides patient laundry and linen changes
• Light housekeeping
• Provides medication reminders
• Provides medical follow up with exercise regime
• Meal preparation, and clean up
Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires State CNA certification
Requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as required by BrightStar guidelines as well as the ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of BrightStar.
Requires the ability to prioritize complete work on time, be detail-oriented, exhibit a service orientation to clients and be team player with a positive attitude. Requires solid organizational skills, thoroughness and multi-tasking. Requires good interpersonal skills and exhibit a service orientation towards others. Must have the ability to demonstrate solid judgment about patient care. Must also demonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities. Requires the ability to appropriately troubleshoot and escalate where necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check, drug screening and background check.
• May be required to submit to annual TB and rubella screening. Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/home environment
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.