We are looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator to join the First American team in Downtown Fort Worth, TX. This person will be part of the DBA team and participate in all DBA related functions and on-call requirements. This role will support all internal and external business unites as required. Looking for someone with clear communication skills and be able to interact with the accounting/finance teams. Ability to manage, create and maintain data cubes. Any exposure to the BOARD business intelligence software is a plus.
- Ensure availability and performance of the databases. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime. Work with the System Administration team to ensure the database environment is sufficiently tuned.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and timely resolution of issues.
- Capacity planning and monitoring database growth. Providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Defining database configuration standards related to performance and sizing for both transactional and data warehouse databases.
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- Installs, upgrades, configures and evaluates SQL Server features and related products.
- Establishes and maintains sound backup and recovery policy and procedures.
- Responsible for database design and implementation, including all elements of database security implementation, user management and maintenance.
- Performs general technical troubleshooting, problem solving and consultations to development teams.
- Manages database using SQL Server management Studio and other third-party Admin tools.
- Participate in rotational on call schedule and provide 24x7 support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understand Application requirements.
- Follows Standard Operating procedures & Best Practices of Database Services group.
- Creates and maintains configuration standards.
- Install & Configure binaries for RDBMS MS SQL
- Performs User setup, Backups and space allocation.
- Proactively monitors space usage and other resources specific to databases
- Provide cross platform support
- Participates in Team discussions
- Willing to learn new technologies and provide engineering support to the team
- 3-4 years’ experience working with BI or CPM solutions
- Knowledge of SQL Server Data Reader, real-time analytics, data visualization, and multi-dimensional cubes
- Ability to Develop MS SQL Server SSIS Packages
- Familiarity with BOARD (Board.com) Version 10.3.x or 11.x is a plus
- Ability to Develop cubes in MS SSAS and/or BOARD
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment, as well as independently
Learn more about us at www.first-american.net.
Sql Server Management Studio
Relational Database Management Systems
Microsoft Sql Servers