THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ST. CLAIR, MI (NOT St. Clair Shores)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Production Supervisor - 2nd shift
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production and maintenance employees in our manufacturing and assembly environment. We currently have two openings; one on 2nd shift (afternoon) and one on 3rd shift (midnight)
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train all employees and manage the flow of production, maintenance, and warehousing.
- Monitor shop floor safety, assess training opportunities and actively participate in Health and Safety initiatives.
- Ensure production schedule is effectively executed.
- Properly and accurately input daily production information into Dana KPI database.
- Support, enforce, communicate and comply with all company rules and policies.
- Assure good housekeeping throughout facility.
- Effectively coach employees regarding performance and/or disciplinary issues.
- Effectively manage hourly workforce as required to meet production schedules including overtime requirements.
- Actively participate in all aspects of quality control as it related to daily production.
- Fill in on production line for breaks and lunch when necessary.
- Monitor paid time off and attendance of employees. Coach employees to improve attendance when appropriate.
- Facilitate, monitor and document employee training. Ensure all employees are sufficiently trained to perform their duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED; bachelor degree is an asset.
- Manufacturing supervision and/or management experience is a must.
- Experience supervising a union workforce an asset.
- Mechanical experience preferred.
- A track record of success in teamwork and continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong organizational, time-management, interpersonal and communication skills
- MS Office proficiency, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
- Demonstrated reliability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.