To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6201 San Ignacio Avenue
San Jose, CA 95119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Infrastructure and System Support
Santa Clara Family Health Plan • San Jose, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Consider a career at Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP), a public, not-for-profit plan of over 250,000 members serving Santa Clara County.
The Director of Infrastructure and System Support is responsible for providing vision and problem solving leadership on a company-wide level for infrastructure, desktop, and application system support. The primary management focus is on the implementation and usage of SCFHP network and hardware infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, as well as computer operations strategy. An emphasis of this position is to anticipate future directions in the Information Technology industry, and then relate those changes to current and future infrastructure needs and projects of the organization. The Director of Infrastructure and System Support is responsible for safeguarding and treating all data, information, and communications with uncompromising confidentiality and have knowledge of cyber-security protocols and network security.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily.
1. Oversee all network and telecom security configuration and monitoring security reports daily.
2. Provide project management for single and multiple projects across several channels.
3. Oversee management of the data center, technical services, production scheduling, help desk, communication networks (voice and data), and computer systems operations.
4. Understand and track applicable regulatory and reporting requirements.
5. Conduct periodic audits (based on policies and procedures) to ensure compliance with regulatory, enterprise security, and HIPAA requirements.
6. Direct the maintenance and support of all electronic and computerized systems; information processing equipment, and software for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of information.
7. Set the direction for all information processing and communication systems and operations.
8. Work with CIO and senior management to determine network architecture strategies and standards.
9. Develop relationships with professional organizations, peer groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with technology and attend conferences as necessary.
10. Understand and track business, technical, architecture, and infrastructure issues, and act as consultant for improving the design and management of the information systems department operations.
11. Identify issues, trends, and opportunities to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness and/or quality; develop recommendations and implement same relative to identified issues, trends, and opportunities.
12. Analyze trends and develop a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring while maintaining high service levels for the user community.
13. Ensure a stable performance environment by monitoring and analyzing problems, ensuring problems are identified and solved as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
14. Apply best practices for enterprise infrastructure and network security to ensure compliance with Office of Inspector General (OIG) and HIPPA standards.
15. Recommend appropriate courses of action to developers, technicians, and management on technical and infrastructure issues.
16. Apply best practices and methodologies to work with departments, teams, and individuals across the organization to facilitate controls over IT operations.
17. Oversee the status and monitoring of IT operations improvement efforts.
18. Facilitate training of appropriate individuals using SCFHP's enterprise managed care information system.
19. Provide and manage on-call responsibilities for the infrastructure.
20. Provide and manage utilization and capacity monitoring of networks, data storage, servers, and phones for management reporting and planning.
21. Prepare, deploy, and monitor necessary policies and procedures related to infrastructure security, compliance and audits; to include desktop encryption and data privacy policies.
22. Work with the Compliance Department on enterprise risk management with a focus on security and disaster recovery.
23. Create departmental and capital budgets, in conjunction with the CIO.
24. Facilitate/consult with operational personnel to develop or resolve performance issues, upgrades, design reviews, and system set up/implementation.
25. Oversee the testing and quality assurance of all telecom, system, and network applications.
26. Define the direction and infrastructure for the enterprise, oversee all projects, and identify major areas of development, technical standards and procedures.
27. Apply organizational vision to all infrastructure projects.
28. Participate in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure, such as evaluation of new software and hardware required to meet a business need or to make a process more cost effective, without compromising network security
29. Attend off site meetings/events as necessary.
30. Perform any other duties as required or assigned.
Carries out supervisory/management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, applicable regulations and laws. Responsibilities include:
1. Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring.
2. Developing a high performing department culture and staff. This includes setting the standard for staff/peers and motivating employees to maximize organizational goals and objectives.
3. Effectively assimilating, training and mentoring staff and (when appropriate), cross training existing staff and initiating retraining. This includes coaching to help increase skills, knowledge and (if applicable) improve performance.
4. Setting goals and planning, assigning, and directing work consistent with said goals. This includes responding to employees’ needs, ensuring they have the necessary resources to do their work.
5. Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving issues. This includes providing regular and effective feedback to employees and completing timely and objective performance reviews.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or desired.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience, training, or coursework.
2. Minimum ten years of progressively responsible and direct work experience with the duties and responsibilities above, including demonstrated leadership skills with executing the supervisory/management responsibilities above.
3. Certification in hardware (e.g. A+) or Microsoft Certified Professional Certification.
4. Cybersecurity Certification.
5. Minimum eight years of related experience with firewall concepts and deployment, DMZ layout, telephony, infrastructure, network environments, performing network engineering, designing, planning, and implementing LANs/WANs using the latest technology.
6. Demonstrated experience making project decisions, monitoring progress, and reporting results to executive leadership.
7. Demonstrated experience with scripting and automation.
8. Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements for healthcare plans.
9. Ability to think creatively and work strategically, to help drive innovative solutions yielding measurable results to the organization.
10. Self-directed with ability to assume responsibility, work independently, organize, prioritize, and effectively manage competing initiatives in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a high level of ambiguity.
11. Ability to direct and manage large-scale, complex, cross-functional, multi-departmental projects to completion with minimum supervision.
12. Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to gather and analyze data, organize and write reports, and organize work efficiently.
13. Knowledge of, and experience with, healthcare management information systems.
14. Working knowledge of, and the ability to, efficiently operate all applicable computer software including a working knowledge of computer applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications.
15. Ability to use a keyboard with moderate speed and a high level of accuracy.
16. Excellent communication skills including the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely when providing service to SCFHP internal departments, providers and outside entities over the telephone, in person or in writing.
17. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and deliver information/presentations to management, regulators, or staff.
18. Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment when making decisions within the scope of the position.
19. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
20. Ability to comply with SCFHP’s policies and procedures.
21. Ability to perform the job safely with respect to others, to property, and to individual safety.
22. Maintenance of a valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record, in order to drive to and from offsite meetings or events; or ability to use other means of transportation to attend offsite meetings or events.
Santa Clara Family Health Plans offers a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, holidays, fitness center membership, medical, dental and vision coverage, CalPERS retirement, 401a and 457 Deferred Compensation retirement plans.
To view the full job description or to apply please visit our careers page at www.scfhp.com.