· TxMQ is currently assisting their client, a highly reputable manufacturer in the midst of ongoing, rapid growth, in their search for a talented and experienced Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer’s primary function is to help drive continuous improvement throughout the organization in the production of heat transfer units. This includes identifying and removing waste from the current products and processes, implementing lean manufacturing concepts into the production and support processes, recommending improvements in safety and environmental compliance, engaging the operations team members through specific training, and focused project management.
· The Manufacturing Engineer also supports the engineering and manufacturing teams with CAD design, machine programming, tool and die design and qualification, and management of the change control processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsibilities outlined include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned…
· Plan, direct, and coordinate manufacturing processes used in the production of heat transfer units.
· Prepare, maintain, and analyze detailed layouts of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
· Develop, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods by analyzing work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and layout of equipment and workspaces for minimum waster and maximum efficiency.
· Design, develop, and test tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
· Partner with Management, Sales, Engineering, Production, Production Planning, Vendors, and/or Customers regarding product specifications, materials, quality standards, manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Work with Purchasing to determine which product specifications meet company specifications and quality standards. Notify Purchasing department of need to initiate procurement procedures.
· Helps keep equipment operational by assisting in the coordination of maintenance and repair services and following manufacturer's instructions, procedures and recommendations.
· Recommends new equipment and tooling for improved efficiencies as well as qualifies and verifies new tools.
· Assist with new process setup and trouble shooting.
· Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
· Identify, develop and implement cost savings projects in assigned area
· Develop continuous improvement plans for all processes in assigned area.
· Serves as a champion for a lean manufacturing culture.
· TIG welding experience preferred
QUALIFICATIONS: The continued growth of the company requires a dedicated and proven Manufacturing Engineer who is able to work closely with all business functions.
• Bachelor of Science degree; Manufacturing/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
• Three (3) years’ experience in related manufacturing engineering production environment. Five (5) years of related experience preferred.
• Experience in a fabricated metal product-manufacturing environment required. Hands-on experience preferred.
• Must be experienced with lean manufacturing and other current manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures. This includes Kaizen, 6-sigma, shop floor interface, product testing experience, quality tools, standard work, visual controls, mistake proofing, etc.
• Ability to develop and maintain PFMEA documentation
• Skilled in Solidworks, high proficiency computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Windows
• Project Management skills.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com
Process Analysis (Business)