· Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with investor.
· Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an investment quality loan product and creditworthiness of the borrowers and acceptability of the collateral. Identifies potential quality loans to be held in portfolio if secondary market guidelines cannot be met.
· Verifies the accuracy of all calculations.
· Maintains a working knowledge of secondary market underwriting guidelines, private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
· Assists with maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
· Assists in the development of underwriting standards.
· Helps loan processors, giving general guideline interpretations and answering questions on specific loan files.
· Responds to post closing review and quality control audits in a timely fashion.
· Multi-tasking, high volume, available to be flexible and work weekends as needed.
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Mortgage underwriting experience: 3 years required.
· Excellent organization and analytical skills required.
· Excellent written and communication skills required.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, some college preferred, College degree desired.
· Intermediate to computer proficiency skills with MS Office, Excel and Mortgage Loan Applications/Software) Encompass 360 desired.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and function in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
· Adaptability and acceptance to change.
- Mortgage Underwriting: 3 year (Required)