We have an immediate need for a Staff Software Engineer to work on our cutting-edge software product platform. This is a mid-to senior-level role requiring at least 5 years of software engineering experience. This is a direct hire, permanent job in San Francisco, CA. Relocation assistance is available to candidates not local to the San Francisco area. Visa sponsorship is also available for this job.
Our team is building a software product platform focusing on data analytics, enabling the ingest, modeling, and efficient retrieval of data at a very large scale. Our team builds production data products that use machine learning algorithms to enable intelligent, automated Internet of Things (IoT) products.
- Develop next-generation data structures and APIs that enable scalable access to data for research and model development.
- Build and support high-performance data pipelines.
- Collaborate and work with data scientists and other software engineers to build product features and functionality.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience.
- At least 3 years of cloud-based development with cloud-based systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong coding skills with Python; experience with Java/Scala or C++.
- Strong analytic skills, previous experience with algorithm development.
- Experience designing and building data structures, analysis and visualization systems.
- Machine learning tools or experience is a plus.
- Experience with IoT or geospatial data sets is a plus.
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree is required. Degree in a technical Discipline is highly desired.
Amazon Web Services
C++ (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)