Environmental Specialist I
This position provides specialized transportation and disposal services to our clients. Responsibilities include manifesting, packaging, spill response, labeling, loading/unloading, coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material while adhering to state and federal environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related science discipline preferred.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Computer proficiency.
- Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off- loading, and coordinating transportation.
- Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
- Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
- Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection
- Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paperwork to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a professional manner to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Packaging And Labeling