Junior Systems Administrator/Desktop Support Technician
This is a 3-6 month contract position for the possibility to go perm for the right candidate.
Do you enjoy troubleshooting PCs, laptops, Firewalls (Meraki), Access points (Meraki) smartphones and tablets?
Do you want the opportunity to grow your career and work with servers, networking, and security?
You will work with a wide range of technology and have the opportunity to learn server systems like SQL, Great plains and Active Directory.
You will be working with:
- PC's, tablets, and Nextiva/polycom phones
- Windows operating systems and related software
- Copiers and printers
- Microsoft Office (365) applications
- Adobe, Bullhorn etc
You will also work with the system administrators and be given the opportunity to expand your role by working with servers like SQL Server, GP 2018, Active Directory, and VMware.
- LAN and firewall support in the local office (1 st level)
- Remote support to all 20 remote offices
- Maintains hosted application and operating system software.
- Maintains hosted phones
- Diagnoses/troubleshoots/installs/repairs all software, hardware and components.
- Maintains PC’s and peripherals in good working order
- Serves at Tier One Helpdesk
- On-call availability on a rotational basis with other staff.
- Manages Active Directory (if required)
- Manages Group Policy (if required)
- Client/Asset Management, Purchase, Build-out, Deploy new Clients (Laptops)
- Manage all Client Software (Adobe, Office, Bullhorn and others)
- Manages Printers across multiple facilities.
- Add users to O365 and Skype for Business communication system.
- Troubleshoots clients in order to optimize performance.
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network usage
- Maintains all company owned client software to ensure legal licensing - Software inventory
- Maintains accurate inventory of company assets – Hardware inventory
- Build strong interrelationships with other departments, by providing support for their needs and pre-empting issues before they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge or experience with personal computers, networks, and corporate computing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to carry a task from beginning to end.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (internal and external), peers and management.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree, technical training or equivalent work experience.
- A+ or CCNA certification a plus but not required.
- Minimum 2+ years working directly in an IT environment
- Experience with Virtualized Environment a plus but not required.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki security or Windows Network Security
Server (Computer Science)
Sql (Programming Language)