To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4301 West Bradbury Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46241
- Michael Willis
- Phone: 912-644-2100
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Great Dane • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Great Dane is now hiring for a Sales Representative for our Indianapolis branch location.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Representative-Great Dane Truck Bodies is directly responsible for all sales efforts within assigned sales territory. The incumbent gathers, analyzes and shares sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers. Develops and increases sales within assigned territory.
Previous Truck Body sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Geographically define the demographics of the area of responsibility and create a strategic plan to identify and make visits to all potential customers.
- Contact new and existing customers in assigned territory to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services. Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications. Determine price schedules and discount rates to the extent authorized by company’s policy.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information:
- Maintain existing and gain new accounts within a region.
- Manage specified national accounts, as assigned.
- Manage, train and assist the sales efforts of stocking distributors in a region
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business. Identify and execute business development operations within assigned region across all product lines.
- Identify and drive the delivery of other related marketing collateral and documentation to support and forecast annual sales.
- Represent company at industry events to promote products.
- Participate and help coordinate the sales efforts for products involving other regions.
- Complete all required reports and submit them on time.
- Sales quotas
- Profit levels
- Specification and Pricing Accuracy
- Education: High School Diploma or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate
- Course studies or degree in business and business administration preferred.
- Years of Experience: 3+ years’ experience in managing and directing sales activities in a similar or related industry.
- Truck Body sales experience strongly preferred.
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory issues and industry changes
- Ability to travel
- Sales and Marketing—Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management—Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and processing Understanding of manufacturing production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Economics and Accounting—Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
• Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee: Is required to stand and walk on concrete surfaces and / or sit 8 to 12 hours per day. Must have the ability to walk, bend, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, climb, work overhead, use both hands, and push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Work environment: Office environment and traveling to and from businesses. Prolonged sitting in car or office.
• Travel: Ability to travel as needed. Typically 50% to 75%
- Must be able to successfully complete Background Check w/ MVR & Drug Screen
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401k and pension.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer