The primary responsibility of the Manufacturing Engineer is to solve problems. The incumbent investigates alternative solutions for given projects, develops cost information for each, and, depending on the magnitude of the project, takes it to the phase of execution or recommends the best solution to the department head. The incumbent specifies equipment when needed or designs equipment when something is not commercially available to satisfy manufacturing needs.
- Analyze manufacturing problems and develop alternative approaches to their solution
- Evaluate solutions for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Maintain practical knowledge of operating systems and mechanical equipment throughout the plant
- Create edit and maintain 3D solid models in CAD software for tooling, fixtures, and plant layouts.
- Seek to improve manufacturing processes by developing awareness of state-of-the-art in mechanical and electrical technology
- Keep Manufacturing Engineering Manager informed of the status of assigned projects
- As required by the project, the position writes material requisitions and explains the specific needs to tool and material vendors. If tooling work is done internally, the position explains the need to the department supervisor for build or repair of required tooling.
- Change implementation and new product launch activities ensuring that the plant builds what design engineering envisions.
- Develop and implement methods so plant produces product as envisioned by product engineering
- CNC programming
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Modine Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, sick leave, 401(k), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Product Quality Assurance
Engineering Design Process