Professional heavy-duty truck and trailer mechanic needed for established south side Chicago shop. Must be 18 and older and have a valid drivers license. B&W Truck Repair offers tool and education allowances, provides uniforms and opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for a skilled truck and trailer mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them.
· Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
· Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
· Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.)
· Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
· Order parts
· Write work orders
· Scan units for codes, run diagnostics
· Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
· Proven experience as truck and trailer mechanic
· Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
· Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
· Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
AlAlso looking for a safety lane inspector, willing to train but a safety certification is a plus. For the inspector job ONLY e-mail resume to Email blocked - click to apply.
Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, chemicals etc.
· High school diploma is preferred
· Valid certification (ASE) is a plus