To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2970 Hilltop Mall Road
Richmond, CA 94806
- Phone: 510-662-5100
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Express Employment Professionals • Richmond, CA
Posted 1 month ago
- Works with Housing Authority Director to develop & implement goals, policies, and priorities relating to the financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll function of the Housing Authority.
- Organizes, supervises, evaluates, and provides training for and professional development of the staff of the Finance Division.
- Develops and administers processes and procedures for the implementation of division objectives.
- Reviews, formulates, and supervises the preparation of all financial reports and statements.
- Administers, monitors, and supervises the Housing Authority's computerized financial system.
- Represents the Housing Authority on financial issues with regulatory and funding agencies.
- Meets with federal, state, and City auditors; supervises audit processes; reviews findings, and implements changes.
- Directs the central purchasing functions of the Housing Authority.
- Performs a variety of accounting activities, including budget preparation, fund requisitioning, payroll coordination, accounts payable, insurance administration, general and subsidiary ledger accounting, formal reporting, cashiering, record keeping, federal procurement, contract monitoring, claims management, and auditing.
- Prepares a variety of complex analysis, including legal requirements, fund accounting, HUD program compliance, data processing, and statistical studies.
- Maintains federal grant and cost records.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director, division heads, HUD staff, Section 8 landlords, and other agencies with regard to fiscal issues.
- Assists in developing the annual Housing Authority budget, and administers, implements, and monitors the budget.
- Establishes controls in accordance with standard audit requirements.
- May act as Housing Authority Director in the absence of the Assistant Public Housing Director.
Benefit information available upon request.
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of general fund, and governmental accounting, including Housing Authority/HUD practices and appropriate reporting systems
- Processes and methods of financial administration, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing techniques
- Principles of employee supervision, training, and evaluation
- Applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Computerized Housing Authority accounting and payroll systems
- Modern office administrative principles and analytical techniques and methodology
- Federal procurement requirements, computerized financial systems, and HUD housing program requirements
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, business, or public administration, or a closely-related field
- AND five (5) years of related financial experience, preferably in public sector setting, of which two (2) years involved staff supervision
- OR Master's Degree in a related discipline or a CPA certificate may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the general experience (non-supervisory)
- Experience in public housing programs
- Experience with using YARDI property management software
- Experience in the application of the following HUD Public Housing rules and regulations