Job Title : Payroll Clerk II/Payroll Lead
Location : Hopkins, MN – 55343
Duration : 12 months possible extension depending on business needs
Shift Time : Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm (OT possible)
Tentative Start Date :ASAP/ 2-weeks
The key responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and support to the payroll business as it relates to payroll and HRIS processes. This includes working in a team environment to achieve a successful payroll. This position requires the ability to take on leadership responsibilities that include participating as a key player on business and system projects, being able to work and make decisions without close supervision and solve business problems and improve work processes.
40% Process complex or high risk payroll/HRIS data transactions: Social Security Number changes, manual checks, off-cycle checks, corrections and reversals, etc. Assist with the monthly billing process.
20% Maintain payroll/HRIS system balances and controls which includes processing and balancing payroll, and auditing various control reports for data integrity and confirmation of successful processing.
15% Coordinate and manage the various file/batch processes through system update or file transfer. This includes the coordination of timecard collection from over 300 remote sites, direct deposit file confirmation, mass loads, one-time earnings/deduction loads, etc. Coordinate vendor touch points (check print/distribution, direct deposit, etc).
15% Provide payroll expertise and support which includes:
- Consulting on payroll/HRIS processes.
- Analyzing and resolving problems.
- Documenting procedures and manuals.
- Training/educating staff.
- Provide leadership support and back-up.
10% Participate on business and system projects as it relates to defining business requirements, consulting, check-point approvals, and implementation.
• PeopleSoft knowledge and experience (2 yrs. minimum)
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Minimum of four years HRIS/Payroll experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency working with computers and various software applications, including working knowledge of word, excel spreadsheets and the Microsoft suite.
• Demonstrated experience and ability in troubleshooting technical and procedural problems.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while assisting others in a deadline driven fast paced environment.
• Strong communication skills (presentation, written and verbal).
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing/developing environment.
• Demonstrated team orientation with collaborative working style.
• Demonstrated detail orientation with high degree of accuracy.
• PeopleSoft Query experience.
• Strong organizational skills
• Project experience, preferred
• Canada payroll processing experience.
PeopleSoft knowledge and experience (2 yrs. minimum)
Calculate Security Tax
Access Pay Statement
Support Payroll Department
Enter Payroll Datum