Location: Dubuque, IA
Salary: $58,000 / year + full benefits package
A full time & Direct Hire opportunity
Sedona Staffing Services is partnering with a local nonprofit seeking an Executive Director who will be hands on leader and directly responsible for planning, executing and evaluating all aspects of this multi-faceted nonprofit organization. Overall scope of responsibility includes programs (but not limited to) the following: Retail Store, Food Pantry Center, fundraising, volunteer membership, public relations and strategic planning. The best fit leader will have five (5) plus years of leadership and supervisory experience in a nonprofit environment.
What you get to do:
● Build relationships with customers/clients, volunteers, and paid associates to create a welcoming and pleasant environment to achieve operational goals. Support staff through coaching, counseling, disciplining, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
● Point person to lead the Council efforts around fundraising, public relations, and strategic planning.
● Serve as the liaison to the Board of Directors and as a resource that the regional conferences can engage with to assist their efforts.
● Develop and cultivate donation and grant channels to build a sufficient inventory pipeline for the Retail and the Pantry Center.
● Provide leadership, think strategically, analytically and creatively. Analyze sales results and forecasting to ensure maximization of sales and profit. Develop promotional strategies to achieve goals.
● Adhere to the spirit and mission of the organization by ensuring that clients with vouchers are assisted in a respectful and discreet manner.
● Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and assessing performance of all paid associates.
● Manages and maintains an efficient and effective work schedule which includes having payroll responsibilities.
● Responsible for all lines of merchandising at the Retail Store
● Ensures displays are full, clean, merchandise is rotated, and follows any developed merchandising policies and procedures.
● Implements new store programs and recommends improvements to promote greater efficiency and lower operating costs.
● Coordinate fund-raising activities and financial solicitation efforts (i.e. business-to-business, direct-mailing campaigns, etc.). Accept any large donations (i.e. real estate, equipment, etc.) and fulfill all legal requirements in consultation with legal counsel.
● Research granting agencies, both public and private, and subsequently develop/write grant proposals.
● Establish and maintain contacts with media (i.e. television, newspapers, etc.).
● Promote the reputation of the organization and maintain contact with key individuals, the local government, the business sector, religious organizations, and other non-profit agencies, to further the organization’s public image.
● Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement short-term and long-term goals/objectives for the Council.
● Identify and develop new charitable undertakings to meet unmet community needs.