Calling all AG Students for Summer Job in Woodland for Seed Company as a Research Assistant. Flexible hours for the summer working part time or full time starting at 6 am
Great opportunity to gain experience in your field of study with possibility of employment upon graduating with your degree in Agriculture or Letters of Recommendation
Position: Squash Tech - Research Assistant: Job description
Responsible for helping Squash and Cucumber breeding programs of Seed Company in Woodland, CA.
Job responsibilities includes successful conduct of trials, data analysis and help in selection process. Evaluation of hybrids for our global markets including North, and South America, Middle East and Europe. Squash Technologist/Research Assistant will be reporting to the R&D Manager and interacting with the breeding teams at Woodland and Culiacan research stations.
• Help in different components of Squash and Cucumber breeding programs.
• Help Assistant Breeders in seed packing, trial sowing, transplanting, field layout, irrigation, spraying etc.
• Help in MAS, keep seed inventory and develop breeding lines along with breeders.
• Help in Pollination, data recording, data analysis and making reports/field books.
• Work along with 3rd party helpers and supervise labor.
• BS, in any field of plant breeding, plant pathology or agronomy with knowledge of information technology.
• Knowledge of conventional and molecular breeding techniques
• Hands on knowledge of marker technology, phytopathology.
• Ability to speak Spanish is not requirement but is desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Works well within a team environment.
• Ability to work in range of working conditions.
• Command of MS office and statistical software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pride Staff mandatory hiring requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States plus valid picture ID
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug and background check
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Must be able to provide at least 2 professional references from recent supervisors managers or employers.