Welcome to Dallas Regional Medical Center, a 202-bed Joint Commission Accredited acute care hospital serving the health care needs of Northeast Texas. Our strong, community-based hospital proudly offers a comprehensive range of health services for acute and emergent situations. Services include: 24-hour emergency, critical care, medical, surgical and cardiac services including open heart surgery, outpatient surgery, orthopedics, and imaging services.
With almost 400 physicians on staff, you can be certain we will do our best in providing technologically advanced, high-quality health care. We will make every effort to make patients as comfortable as possible. We also value your thoughts and feedback, and welcome any suggestions you may have to help us improve our services.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient's clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
- In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
- EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
- Non OB facilities: NRP (AHA) certificate 90 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: URL blocked - click to apply
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Certified Emergency Nurse (Cen)
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Basic Life Support