Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Financial Data Analyst in the CRG - Events & Training group. In this position you will have the opportunity to be responsible for managing Key Ration Trends Analysis (KRTA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) production and reporting, and developing internal and member-facing analysis models and tools, reporting dashboards and other solutions for monitoring, analyzing and understanding cooperative financial performance.
As a Financial Data Analyst, you will:
• Be responsible for the annual administration and production of KRTA and KPI products, and the annual review of mortgage compliance and loan discounts for all CFC borrowers.
• Create, program and maintain models and tools, reporting systems and other solutions that collect, organize, analyze and present data, metrics and trends with regard to the financial performance of cooperatives relative to industry peers.
• Create recurrent and custom analytics and reports which are widely used and relied upon by management and three boards of directors to track industry financial trends, and to support lending and other business decisions.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with CFC’s Digital Strategy and IT department to define requirements for, and develop, streamlined data collection processes, digitized forms, dashboards and applications for internal and external analysis and reporting of KRTA and KPI data.
• Provide support and guidance to external membership and internal stakeholders on the preparation of RUS Forms 7 and 12.
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of large data sets used for analytics.
• Perform data exploration and data mining to support business cases and guide strategic initiatives.
• Serve as company and group SME on portfolio data, analytics, models/tools and reporting systems, and provides related work and expertise on cross functional corporate initiatives and projects involving the enterprise data warehouse, loan data management, financial modeling and statistical forecasting.
• Be responsible for calculating metrics used in monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or related degree is required.
• 3 years of data analytics experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VBA programing.
• Knowledge of BI software e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx.
• Excellent data mining skills using programming languages like Python, R and SQL.
• Experience with electric utilities preferred.
• Master’s degree preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes telework options, short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Data Analyst.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
- Data Analysis
- Power Bi
- Data Mining
- Tableau (Busines Intelligence Software)