We know tires and service, and you should know Pomp's!
Since 1939, the Tire Professionals of family-owned Pomp's Tire Service have serviced the automotive repair, tire, and wheel needs of customers throughout the Midwest. A member of the American Commercial Tire Network (ACTN) and certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), we pride ourselves on timely, high quality products and services for our customers.
Pomp's has an immediate opening for a Tire Service Technician in Jefferson City, MO. This tech will be responsible for changing and repairing tires on passenger and commercial vehicles. Experience is welcomed, but we'll train the right candidate!
In addition to competitive pay, Pomp's offers great benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan with company match, and paid time off.
If you’re interested in joining our team of Tire Professionals, please visit www.pompstire.com/careers or stop by the store to complete an application.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to pass pre-employment driver’s file
- Ability to work night shift on a rotational basis; standard hours are 8a-5p
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot customer tire needs and inspect vehicles for additional problems
- Ability to use basic hand tools, tire tools, alignment machines, brake lathe, air wrench, and other essential tools
- Ability to lift, carry, or move up to 50 pounds regularly, and up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, crouching, and crawling
- Frequent use of fingers and hands to grasp items, frequent reaching above shoulders
- Work environment is largely indoors
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic automotive skills and general mechanical knowledge required
- Experience in light auto alignments, suspensions, and brakes preferred
- ASE Certification desired
Repairing (Computer Systems)