To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
180 East Ocean Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90802
- Jermaine Whitaker
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Emergency Disaster Director
The Salvation Army • Long Beach, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Associate Director will be responsible to the EDS Director for all recovery activities that affect the division as well as its services and programs. The position also contributes to the response and preparedness activities of the division. The position represents the division to all emergency management partners in all sectors- government non-profit, and profit. This includes the division’s role and responsibilities within regional emergency management plans which requires maintaining key professional relations with regional emergency management personnel.
· Oversee all divisional recovery activities.
· Provide oversight to the Program Director (Recovery Manager) and the disaster case managers, as part of a time-limited long-term recovery program designed to support victims of the Thomas, Woolsey and Hill Fires.
· Oversee provision of all client related services in the Santa Barbara County, Ventura County and Los Angeles County Long-Term Recovery programs. Other county recovery programs could be a secondary focus.
· Provide information and referral to staff providing direct services to victims.
· Ensure all data captured in Disaster Case Management and client interviews are entered into the Coordinated Assistance Network, a disaster case management database and the internal database of Bridges & Others.
· In conjunction with the Program Director, review all long-term financial assistance processed by the disaster case managers of The Salvation Army.
· Serves as the recovery liaison for The Salvation Army.
· Coordinate the external disaster case management agencies during the recovery phase through the long-term recovery groups.
· Serves as expert on the resources available at all levels of government (federal, state and local), as well as local community resources to support staff in making appropriate referrals
· Provide linkages to disaster related resources and maintains appropriate and productive professional relationships with outside service providers.
· Assist case managers in identifying and supporting gaps in services and meeting unmet needs.
· Represent The Salvation Army at Thomas and Woolsey Fire events and meetings.
· Ensure that all staff has access to training and supervision.
· Serve as a divisional emergency management trainer, including train-the-trainer and supervise other trainers.
· Provide updated information to PR staff for news release and media information.
· Assume an active role in the local VOADs and other pertinent non-profit emergency management networks.
· Provide statistical data as required by program in a timely and efficient manner
· Oversees record keeping of program participants.
· Provide individual and group supervision, as necessitated by program needs and goals.
· Conducts staff meetings and provides reporting to Directors in a timely manner.
· Represent the division as a public speaker and/or conference panelist.
· Assist with the supervision, developing and training of all divisional EDS personnel and volunteers.
· Assist with the response activities, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Other Performance Factors:
· Demonstrates reliability when on-call
· Has the ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Previous disaster experience a plus
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Has the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet program needs
· Maintains confidentiality of clients, programs, agency and The Salvation Army.
· Demonstrates the ability to interact in a positive and helpful manner with clients, co-workers, etc.
Ability to walk, stand, bend squat climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to be able to lift up to 50lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as file cabinet drawers and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilitie0073njm
· Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or similar degree, plus three years supervisory experience in human services preferred.
· Knowledge of Southern California human services is preferred.
· The ideal candidate must have a clean driver’s license, and the ability to do field work in various settings.
· Candidate should be eligible to supervise interns pursuing MSW or BSW, and be SIFI eligible or certified.
· Travel throughout the Southern California area – including Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles Counties – will be required.
· Experience working in disaster recovery is preferred and computer proficiency is required.
· Proven ability to communicate with affected clients
· Excellent strategic planning skills and experience in recovery services
· Excellent interpersonal and liaison skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veteran's/Disabled:
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative